[U-Boot] Bug in new at91 clock framework?

Daniel Gorsulowski Daniel.Gorsulowski at esd.eu
Thu Apr 23 12:38:05 CEST 2009

Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD schrieb:
> On 12:15 Wed 22 Apr     , Daniel Gorsulowski wrote:
>> Hello Jean-Christophe,
>>
>> I'm not sure, but I think there is a bug in your new at91 clock framework.
>> My board does only boot, if CONFIG_USB_ATMEL is defined. But the board does
>> not have any usb-ports, so there is no need to define CONFIG_USB_ATMEL.
>> The board is based on an Atmel AT91SAM9263 SoC.
> I've seen in with the one on my clock branch
> but if you use the one for the pull request normaly not
>
> I've test it on my 9263EK
>
> Best Regards,
> J.

I'm working on git://git.denx.de/u-boot-at91.git branch clock
I also have an AT91SAM9263-EK, but with a 16.0 MHz main oscillator.
Everything is fine, as long as no changes were made. But if I undef
CONFIG_USB_ATMEL and CONFIG_CMD_USB, the board does not boot. Only
some cryptical characters appear after the "RomBOOT" term. It's the
same behavior as on my own board.

If i do the same on git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git branch master,
everything works fine. (as well AT91SAM9263-EK as my board)
Do you have any advice for debugging that problem?

Best regards,
Daniel Gorsulowski