[U-Boot] OMAP3: Pending patches

Dirk Behme dirk.behme at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 25 07:35:03 CEST 2009

Short status update after scanning the recent mails:

Dirk Behme wrote:

> To avoid loosing the overview, here my list of pending OMAP3 patches
> ready to be applied. From my point of view there are no open comments on
> these which will prevent to apply them. But please correct if I
> overlooked anything or add what (patches? comments?) I missed.
>
> 1. OMAP3: Beagle: Set pinmux conditionally for Rev C boards
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/051013.html
>
> 2. OMAP3: Remove legacy NAND defines
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/050882.html
>
> 3. OMAP3: Fix timer handling to 1ms and CONFIG_SYS_HZ to 1000
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/051178.html
>
> 4. OMAP3: Fix changed mmc init command
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/051179.html
>
> 5. OMAP3: Remove unused board-types
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/051338.html

We will try to switch to

print_cpuinfo & checkboard

http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/051365.html

Premi: Do you like to have a look? Hopefully it wouldn't be too hard.

Jean-Christophe: Please fix the "test-only" and add the documentation
as requested by Wolfgang as soon as possible, that we can safely use it.

http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/051382.html

> 6. OMAP3: Print correct silicon revision
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/051339.html
>
> 7. Zoom2 respin II (10 patches)
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/050863.html
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/050864.html
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/050865.html
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/050866.html
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/050868.html
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/050867.html
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/050869.html
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/050870.html
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/050871.html
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/050872.html

After

http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/051383.html
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/051384.html
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/051385.html
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/051386.html

Tom has to check if an update of this series is necessary.

> Note: There might be some dependencies between some of these patches.
> Different authors, sent at different time, unfortunately this can't be
> avoided. So dependent on the order the patches will be applied, there
> might be some conflicts. Let us know them, we will try to update/fix
> then as soon as possible! Most probably 5. and 7. will have some
> conflicts, as 5. removes some code 7. assumes it is still there. If this
> results in a conflict, let us apply the 10 patches from 7. first and
> then update 5.

Jean-Christophe: If series 7. needs an update, it would be really
helpful if you could apply the other patches so that updated 7. can be
rebased against them. This will reduce the risk of conflicts.

Dirk