[U-Boot] U-Boot ARM merge strategy

David Brownell david-b at pacbell.net
Sat Apr 25 20:55:25 CEST 2009

On Saturday 25 April 2009, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
> For me when the first version of a [patch] is send after the close of the merge and
> it's not a bug fix, then it will go to the next MW. The only exception will be
> if the patch come from an announce or a thread discussion and/or really improve
> U-Boot. Otherwise no exception.

Wiki might usefully include this as part of that release
cycle page that Wolfgang pointed out:

 * Bug fixes coming in after a merge window closes may
   still be included in the upcoming release if they are
   high enough priority.

 * Other patches coming in after the merge window will be
   held until the next merge window, possibly in a -next
   branch of a custodian tree.

 * Maintainers may, infrequently, make exceptions to those
   merge policies.

It'd still be good to make the "merge window ended" state
more visible, e.g. through *some* GIT tag.  IMNSHO.

- Dave