[U-Boot] Uboot mtest hang on mx31

Alessandro Rubini rubini-list at gnudd.com
Mon Apr 27 09:12:27 CEST 2009

> When i  do a memtest without any args, it crashes after printing the
> first line.

> => mtest
> Pattern 00000000  Writing...

> After reboot, when i do and md for the base address 0x0, i get the
> following, which  proabbly  is the uboot image itself in RAM.

Not exactly. At address 0 you have the internal boot ROM. That code
is not u-boot, as you can see from comparing with the u-boot.bin
you compiled.

Actually, your ram start at 2GB physical (CSD0_BASE, 0x80000000)
but the MX31 config file in current git says:

#define CONFIG_SYS_MEMTEST_START     0        /* memtest works on */
#define CONFIG_SYS_MEMTEST_END       0x10000

So, most likely memtest without arguments has never been used on the
board.

[disclaimer: I have mx21 but not mx31, I just assume it's similar]

/alessandro