[U-Boot] NAND JFFS2 support in U-Boot 2009.03

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Mon Apr 27 20:32:09 CEST 2009

Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Monday 27 April 2009 08:59:11 cmfairfa at rockwellcollins.com wrote:
>> In previous versions of U-Boot, there were options for writing JFFS2 file
>> systems to NAND (i.e., nand write.jffs2).
>
> the name was a misnomer.  it didnt do anything jffs2 specific, it just handled
> bad block detection.
>
>> Is this command no longer supported in the latest U-Boot release or is the
>> command the same as the nand write command?
>
> reading 'nand help' indicates the latter
>
>> This message contains PRIVILEGED AND PROPRIETARY INFORMATION intended
>
> please fix your e-mail system so that this bogus crap is not included in your
> e-mails

Most people posting from .com's that include this stuff are in no
position to do anything about them. Since this was sent to a public
list, the intended distribution is everyone, so I see no reason to
harass people over them. (Well, unless it says no one can read this
email, even the intended recipient)

Philip