[U-Boot] PPC4xx without CONFIG_NET_MULTI

Ben Warren biggerbadderben at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 09:22:21 CEST 2009

Hi Stefan (and anybody else that can answer),

I'm trying to understand why some 4xx boards use CONFIG_NET_MULTI and a
few don't.  Is there a technical reason why these few can't (limited
storage or something else) or are they just older?  There are 47 boards
in-tree that use CONFIG_PPC4xx_EMAC and the following 18 use the older
net API.
---

bwarren at bwarren-bldsrv:~/src/u-boot-net/include/configs$ grep -l PPC4xx_EMAC *
| xargs grep -L CONFIG_NET_MULTI
AR405.h
CPCIISER4.h
CRAYL1.h
csb272.h
csb472.h
DP405.h
ERIC.h
EXBITGEN.h
HUB405.h
JSE.h
MIP405.h
OCRTC.h
ORSG.h
PIP405.h
sbc405.h
W7OLMC.h
W7OLMG.h
WUH405.h
---

I'd like to move all over to CONFIG_NET_MULTI, which in itself is
trivial since the EMAC driver supports both APIs, but am wary of
breaking something.

regards,
Ben