[U-Boot] U-Boot Timer Qualification

Ladislav Michl ladis at linux-mips.org
Tue Apr 28 17:11:47 CEST 2009

Dear Mike,

a lot of changes are entering arm tree, many without any commit message.
And now we have some special cases which needs some special care for yet
unclear reason. OMAP3 timer precission was discussed to death and patch
still didn't went in, because it needs to be verified against some
document you are claiming is not mandatory.

I'll omit more comments to this topic until my objections get answered.
Just one side note: Both methods can be easily set in code, freeing
every and each developer from reimplementing test case. Such code could
be one for all and selfexplaining. Is it worth doing using current timer
API?

	ladis