[U-Boot] U-boot -printk kernel crash dump using md on PDK

Magnus Lilja lilja.magnus at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 21:01:29 CEST 2009

Hi

2009/4/28 alfred steele <alfred.jaquez at gmail.com>:
> Dear Magnus,
>
>> Yes, that's the latest one I've posted (I've done minor updates
>> locally but haven't tested those yet).
> I guess that's there are two patches for NAND_SPL, one which just adds
> the SPL framework and the other which creates the mx31pdk_nand.c and
> changes to start.S.

Something like that, in total there's four or five patches in that
series I think.

> Please correct me if i am wrong.  Since the cpu/arm1136/start.S has
> changed in a major way since April 02, since this is a generic file, i
> am getting a BIG .rej file for the HUNKS which failed. I can hand edit
> start.S as i have done for  the rest of the HUNK failures which were
> minor. But is there a way i can get the snapshot as of April2, so that
> i can apply this patch right away. This would greatly reduce the
> effort. Or you suggest sticking to the latest and greatest mainline.

If there are difficulties in applying the patches you could get a
snapshot of commit dfc91c33957c95da34e3888dc87912d5c15a7603 which is
the tree that I based my patches on. That's probably the quickest
solution.

I'll update the patches to the current u-boot tree, but I that can
take a couple of days.

Please put a question mark at the end of sentences that actually
contains a question!

/Magnus