[U-Boot] U-boot -printk kernel crash dump using md on PDK

alfred steele alfred.jaquez at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 23:03:39 CEST 2009

Hi Magnus,

> I just applied the patch series to the current u-boot tip and the only
> problem was the top Makefile but that was easy to fix. No warnings
> from start.S.
I was able to build successfully after hand editing some of the hunks
in start.S.   Even after using the commit snapshot you had referred
to.
I don't know where he disconnect is. Perhaps i am still not using  the
latest set of patches.

Towards  the end of my build , i get
cat nand_spl/u-boot-spl-aligned.bin u-boot.bin > u-boot-nand.bin
#cat nand_spl/u-boot-spl-16k.bin u-boot.bin > u-boot-nand.bin

But when i tried burning "u-boot-nand.bin" to the base address and
boot , i get only "one line"  printed on the console which is

U-Boot 2009.01 (Apr 28 2009 - 15:27:19)

 Looks like somethings messed up in the NAND detection in  the first
place.  I am using Redboot FIS to burn the  " u-boot-nand.bin" .  I
know it ignores bad blocks but i had used successfully to burn in the
past. I do not know the procedure for using u-boot to burn u-boot. Let
me know if you want me to try it.

Thanks.