[U-Boot] PXA unified lowlevel_init.S ?

Daniel Stenberg daniel at haxx.se
Wed Apr 29 11:49:25 CEST 2009

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Jean-Christophe, as PXA custodian, do you have any further thoughts on how
> to combine common code in a clever way to reduce duplcations?

Since there was no feedback on this, I investigated a little further and I
noticed that several existing ARM cores already do it this way (arm926ejs,
arm926ejs, arm920t, etc) so I think there's then a nice prejudice to continue
on this path.

There seem to be 13 PXA-based configs in include/configs:

include/configs/cerf250.h
include/configs/cradle.h
include/configs/csb226.h
include/configs/innokom.h
include/configs/logodl.h
include/configs/lubbock.h
include/configs/pleb2.h
include/configs/pxa255_idp.h
include/configs/trizepsiv.h
include/configs/wepep250.h
include/configs/xaeniax.h
include/configs/xm250.h
include/configs/xsengine.h

... and all these boards have their own private lowlevel_init.S files and
given a quick glance, this looks like lots of next to identical source codes.

But only one of these are PXA270 based, and I'm not fluent enough in the PXA
world to tell how much that can be re-used between PXA models or similar.

--

  / daniel.haxx.se