[U-Boot] Disable features

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 29 12:22:13 CEST 2009

Dear simon polette,

In message <72795ccb0904290301h1678e99br6fe3cfb0b4226d66 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Is existing a way to globally disable some features such as ethernet
> or Nand support, instead of doing it for a specific board?

No, you cannot do this globally. Board configuration is always board
specific.

> More over, I can't disable ethernet on the at91sam9261ek board by
> simply disable the #define CONFIG_DRIVER_DM9000 in the
> 'config/at91sam9261ek.h' file so it cause building errors.

That's to be expected. When you just disable the network driver with-
out disabling support foir the network commands, the linker will  run
into  unresolved external references to the network driver functions.
You must also disable network commands support.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The faster I go, the behinder I get.                 -- Lewis Carroll