[U-Boot] U-Boot Timer Qualification

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 29 20:00:10 CEST 2009

Dear Dirk,

in message <49F884E4.3050709 at googlemail.com> you wrote:

> > Just in case there is any doubt here:
> >
> > There is no, and I say *no*, mandatory verification of any timing
> > precision in U-Boot.
> >
> > We all agree that precision is a good thing to have, it it must come
> > at a reasonable effort, and there is no reason to drive it into
> > extreme precision.
>
> To come back to the more practical part of this discussion ;) , my
> understanding of this is that we agree that
>
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/051204.html
>
> ( http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/051237.html )
>
> should be applied?

Yes.

Actually I'm waiting for Jean-Christophe's pull request for the ARM
repo, and I expect to see this patch included there.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"The glory of creation is in its infinite diversity." "And in the way
our differences combine to create meaning and beauty."
	-- Dr. Miranda Jones and Spock, "Is There in Truth No Beauty?",
	   stardate 5630.8