[U-Boot] U-boot -printk kernel crash dump using md on PDK

alfred steele alfred.jaquez at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 18:25:58 CEST 2009

Hi Magnus,

> If U-boot had full NAND support for i.MX31, NAND would be detected
> somewhere between steps 7 and 8.
Thanks for the elaborate explanation. I did not find any detailed
documentation for the same in the u-boot readme's.

> See my explanation above. CONFIG_SKIP* is defined when compiling
> U-boot, but not when compiling SPL.
That explains why i swa the #warning spit out. So you mean the
CONFIG_SKIP_LOWLEVEL_INIT and CONFIG_SKIP_RELOCATE_UBOOT get toggled
during compile time only.
I am still struggling to get the NAND boot working.  I am not even
seeing U-boot spit out the first line on the console "U-boot <version
no> " when i power up subsequently.
This is what i did to build and run.
i) make mx31_pdk_nand_config
ii) make
Take U-boot-nand.bin and burn it at physical offset 0x0 of the NAND
using Redboot loaded via JTAG. When i reset, i see nothing on the
console.
I may be missing something which applying the patches then. Remote gdb
does not allow me to debug. If i put printfs in _start_armboot in
board.c, looks like its not ven entering that function.  Has the
standard output and the serial console dev been initiliazed before
this point i.e start_armboot?

Have you got a chance to post the patches to the mainline yet?
Thanks,
Alfred.