[U-Boot] Disable features

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 30 22:55:06 CEST 2009

Dear Derek Ou,

In message <49FA0922.2000107 at siconix.com> you wrote:

> Other than recompiling, is it possible to disable Ethernet through
> environment settings?  At our

No.

> work, we often need Ethernet only during development, manufacturing and
> troubleshooting.  So
> we put the Ethernet chip on the test fixture instead of the final
> board.  However, compiling in
> Ethernet slow down the booting process.  So it will be great if Ethernet

Why would compiled in Network support slow down the boot process?

The network interface will only be initialized as soon as you use it.
If you don't have one, then you probably will not try using it - then
why would it delay your boot?

> can be disabled and
> enabled by flipping an environment setting.

This cannot be done in the current code (and it should not be
necessary).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"There are things that are so serious that you can  only  joke  about
them"                                                    - Heisenberg