[U-Boot] Missing __udivdi3 for ARM

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Aug 1 21:57:31 CEST 2009

Dear Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD,

In message <20090801161409.GD19785 at game.jcrosoft.org> you wrote:

> > > just use lldiv
> >
> > The big question here is if such a change makes sense; please keep in
> > mind that the yaffs2 code is just borrowed from Linux, so changes
> > should be kept to a minimum.
> yaffs2 is not linux mainline and will never been as it's author do not care
> about it

Maybe. But that doesn't change the situation: the part  of  code  you
suggest  to  change  gives no reasons for changes other that U-Boot's
libgcc support is incomplete. So rather than fixing the  symptoms,  I
prefer fixing the cause.

> I've already seen such problem wiht out of tree code

Me too. But that doesn't mean we should add new problems, for example
when we want to update the yaffs2 code in the future.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Celestial navigation is based on the premise that the  Earth  is  the
center  of  the  universe.  The  premise is wrong, but the navigation
works. An incorrect model can be a useful tool.   - Kelvin Throop III