[U-Boot] Compilation error - MPC8536DS

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Aug 2 22:37:41 CEST 2009

Dear Felix Radensky,

In message <4A75ECE6.8090900 at embedded-sol.com> you wrote:

> I'm hitting the error  below when compiling the latest git u-boot for
> MPC8536DS target.
> I'm using toolchain from Freescale BSP for this board. ld version is
> 2.18.50.20080215,
> gcc version is 4.3.2. Any ideas how to fix this ?

Seems recent versions of GCC have changed their behaviour (once
again) when (not) using load/store multiple instructions, which
causes them to generate bigger (but allegedly more correct) code.

The code builds fine with gcc-4.2.2.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Pardon me for breathing, which I never do anyway so I don't know why
I bother to say it, oh God, I'm so depressed. Here's another of those
self-satisfied doors. Life! Don't talk to me about life."
                                        - Marvin the Paranoid Android