[U-Boot] NAND booting of MPC8313 based Custom board

Rupesh Kumar Rupesh.Kumar at Lntemsys.com
Mon Aug 3 16:50:41 CEST 2009

Hi,
I used latest version of u-boot (U-Boot 2009.08-rc1) for NAND booting of
my board. Still, it didn't work.
Board starts booting and then says read failed and hangs there.  It prints
following message on console

"NAND boot... read failed (ltesr)"

I am using 2.1 silicon MPC8313 based custom board with large page NAND.

Can any one tell how shall i proceed for booting successfully from large
page NAND ?

Thanks in advance
Rupesh

Scott Wood <scottwood at freescale.com>
07/29/2009 11:26 PM

Rupesh Kumar <Rupesh.Kumar at Lntemsys.com>
cc
u-boot at lists.denx.de
Subject
Re: [U-Boot] NAND booting of MPC8313 based Custom board

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 10:05:45PM +0530, Rupesh Kumar wrote:
> I am using u-boot version 1.3.0 included in freescale LTIB released for
> MPC8313ERDB custom board.
> I tried NAND booting of MPC8313ERDB board using this u-boot and it
worked
> fine.
>
> Using similar procedure i tried NAND boot on my custom board but it dint

> work :(
>
> My board has large page NAND where as MPC8313ERDB has small page NAND. I

> have modified all the parameters required for Large page NAND.
> It prints initail debug message as shown below and then while copying
> u-boot code from NAND to DDR it detects NAND blocks as bad block and
> continuously prints 'B' on Console.
>
> NAND SPL - U-Boot 1.3.0 (Jul 30 2009 - 06:33:05) MPC83XX

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

> Can any one please tell what could be going wrong? Am i missing
something
> in large page NAND initialization?

Please try the current upstream u-boot rather than the BSP version.  Large
page support in the mpc8313erdb BSP is likely broken.

-Scott