[U-Boot] Normal command line behavior?

J.C. Wren jcwren at jcwren.com
Tue Aug 4 22:05:12 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Scott Wood <scottwood at freescale.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 12:07:17PM -0400, J.C. Wren wrote:
> > All fair points.
> >
> > It appears that the 'nand' commands don't use the new parser structure.
>
> Do you mean U_BOOT_CMD_MKENT, find_cmd_tbl, etc?

Not sure about that part.  I just went back and looked at cmd_i2c.c,
cmd_yaffs2.c and a few others and I see they all do sub-command processing
with strncmp(), too.  I had looked at one other file prior to my post, and
thought I understood sub-commands were plugged-in with macros.  My mistake.

I forgot to mention that all the yaffs commands are top level.  If I were
me, I'd like to see the yaffs command broken down into a sub-menu.  That's
just a minor nit, as having them all in the top level makes the help a
little more unwieldy.  And they'd be used infrequently enough that having
them under a 'y' sub-menu wouldn't make them much more difficult to use.

> >  The 'nand' and 'nboot' commands use the U_BOOT_CMD macro, and have
> > repeatable defined as 1.  The 'nand' command is doing it's own
> > sub-command parsing (via strcnmp()'s), and as a result, all 'nand'
> > commands are repeatable.  That probably isn't a good idea, and I would
> > request the the 'nand' command itself be made non-repeatable.
>
> The one nand command that probably should be repeatable is "nand dump",
> with auto-increment similar to "md".

Makes sense.