[U-Boot] [U-BOOT] error: end address not on sector boundary when I use saveenv cmd

Alessandro Rubini rubini-list at gnudd.com
Wed Aug 5 12:39:39 CEST 2009

>  When I set all the environment variable and try to save on flash ,
>  I am getting Error: end address not on sector boundary.

Check the settings in your config file. The environment
must live in an integer number of sectors, and sector size
depends on the flash chip (usually 64k or 128k).

>  But still my kernel boots with the env setting I made,

saveenv failed, but in-memory env has been modified.

>  but on restart these enviroment settings are lost.

That's because saveenv failed, next time you read environment
from flash (or, most likely, compile defaults).

hope this helps
/alessandro