[U-Boot] BMP display.

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Wed Aug 5 16:31:14 CEST 2009

Hi Tuma,

> But now I have new question - how can I display a Bitmap picture on the
> board's LCD? I know there is the "bmp" command, but how should I configure
> and build U-Boot to have this command in prompt? My board is OMAP3EVM.

Well for the bmp command to work, an implementation for the LCD part
needs to be there.  Checking the configs for supported OMAP boards, not
one defines CONFIG_LCD:

$ grep CONFIG_LCD `grep -l OMAP include/configs/*` | wc -l
0

As an example the MPC823 LCD controller is supported:

$  grep CONFIG_LCD `grep -l MPC823 include/configs/*` | wc -l
25

I fear that you will need to implement support for the LCD controller
yourself.

Cheers
  Detlev

--