[U-Boot] floating point operation in powerpc

prathika prathika at deeopl.com
Thu Aug 6 08:33:42 CEST 2009

hi all
i am porting u-boot on powerpc 440.
i am also running a simple hello world application on it and I want to
use floating point unit.

i have declared a floating point variable like this :
/float ftemp;

/ i am trying to print the floating point value like this:
/printf("ftemp=%f\n",ftemp);

/ i have included "float.h"

but still it doesnt print me the exact floating point value.
my output is like this:
/ftemp=%f

/ i have not edited MSR register. should i set the bit 18 for using the
FPU in PPC?
where am I going wrong in using floating point? is there any switch or
library that i should include while compiling the hello_world.c?

this might be seem very silly, but please help in sorting out this issue.

--
Regards,
Prathika R