[U-Boot] PATCH mtd CFI flash: timeout calculation underflow if imprecise 1kHz timer: fix

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 6 13:40:43 CEST 2009

Dear Renato Andreola,

In message <4A7AB614.2020509 at imagos.it> you wrote:
> <head>

Please NEVER post HTML here!!

> I agree with Wolfgang Denk in not using the LL type (too
> compiler/library/machine dependent).<br>
> I think that the code of Alessandro Rubini that makes the runtime
> decision using no extra macro definition is more system independent and

This is no extra macro definition. This macro is available by default
(defined in include/common.h).

> keeps a small 1% residual error when CFG_HZ is just above 100000.<br>

Keep in mind that systems with CONFIG_SYS_HZ != 1000 are considered
broken anyway.

As little effort as possible should be spent to support these -
efforts should rather be focussed on fixing these systems.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A meeting is an event at which the minutes are kept and the hours are
lost.