[U-Boot] PATCH mtd CFI flash: timeout calculation underflow if imprecise 1kHz timer: fix

Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD plagnioj at jcrosoft.com
Thu Aug 6 23:15:48 CEST 2009

On 22:53 Thu 06 Aug     , Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD,
>
> In message <20090806202615.GH13346 at game.jcrosoft.org> you wrote:
> >
> > as we are all supposed to have CONFIG_SYS_HZ at 1000 (mandtory)
> > to have cfi, tftp & co working perfectly I do not thing this is a good idea
>
> Yes, this is the rule, and we would like to enforce it.
>
> > as you will need to fix each part of u-boot that use CONFIG_SYS_HZ
> > which make no sense
> >
> > the best will be to simply fix your timer
>
> However, the current situation is this: more than 60 boards (all of
> them ARM, it seems) use very different settings:
the rm9200 next release we will have a new timer implementation when the
rm9200 will use the same API as the other at91

btw there is other arch too SH2, nios, ppc, x86 which is listed here

honestly I'll not ack the change otherwise noone will update the timers

as example when working on SH4 this release I've found that they do not have
CONFIG_SYS_HZ at 1000 because of a network problem and then I fix the timer

Best Regards,
J.