[U-Boot] undefined reference to `pci_find_class'

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 03:53:25 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I am in the middle of doing some x86 code cleanups ready for my next
phase of work on getting linux running on my custom board. I doing so, I
have found some PCI related code in the 386 cpu and lib folders that
needed tweaking. I have two issues that I need help to resolve

1) in lib_i386/pci.c the following results in a compiler warning
'large integer implicitly truncated to unsigned type':

pci_write_config_dword(dev, PCI_ROM_ADDRESS, PCI_ROM_ADDRESS_MASK);

Would it be 'right' to simply cast PCI_ROM_ADDRESS_MASK to a u32? (I have
done this just to get it to compile for the moment)

2) in lib_i386/pci.c, probe_pci_video() calls pci_find_class(), but
the pci_find_class() is undefined. The only other references I can
find in the code are in include/pci.h (where it is declared) and
drivers/net/sk98lin/skge.c where it is called. I have used gitk to
search the git history to see if it was removed for some reason, but
can find no references to it in any prior commit

Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do to resolve these?

Regards,

Graeme