[U-Boot] Help required for building u-boot with Cygwin

Mahendra Shinde shinde.mahen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 16:02:56 CEST 2009

Hi All,
I am new to U-boot world, with some study I could build u-boot with linux
but I am still not able to build it using Cygwin.
I am using arm-linux-gcc 3.3.2 tool chain for building.
my download utility runs only on windows so its bit painful to switch
between OS for build and download. :(
So if anybody can help with following error then it would be great....

This is the error I am getting during build....

$ make s3c4510_config
/cygwin/usr/local/arm/3.3.2/bin/arm-linux-gcc: 1: Syntax error: "("
unexpected
Configuring for s3c4510 board...
ln: creating symbolic link `asm' to `asm-arm': File exists
make: *** [s3c4510_config] Error 1

Am I using correct tool chain or do I have to do some setting for cygwin??

Thanks in advance
Mahendra Shinde