[U-Boot] [Bug] IXP425 and e1000 network driver

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 10 09:44:42 CEST 2009

Dear Ben,

In message <4A7FB519.6040000 at gmail.com> you wrote:

> I thought I brought this up already,  but maybe not.  Won't this break
> PowerPC?  I'm pretty sure (value) != (cpu_to_le32(value)), isn't it?

Right.

> Isn't the problem that writel() and readl() aren't byte-swapped on BE ARM?

Right. writel() and readl() are not a good  choice  for  architecture
independent  code.  AFAIK  ioreadX(),  iowriteX()  are supposed to be
architecture independent I/O accessors,  but  unfortunately  not  all
architectures implement these yet.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Computers make excellent and efficient servants, but I have  no  wish
to  serve under them. Captain, a starship also runs on loyalty to one
man. And nothing can replace it or him.
	-- Spock, "The Ultimate Computer", stardate 4729.4