[U-Boot] Compilation erros while trying at compile ARM DaVinci

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Aug 10 17:40:27 CEST 2009

Hi Sandeep,

>> try to add USE_PRIVATE_LIBGCC=yes  to you make commande.
> [Sandeep] It compiles. Is this some kind of a permanent solution?
> I see lots of e-mails on arm not including libgcc.

It should not be a permanent solution.  It is need however as long as

a) ARM on U-Boot forces the ABI to be compiled for to be
   "-mabi=apcs-gnu" (check cpu/arm*/config.mk) in contrast to the newer
   GNUEABI

and

b) your toolchain does not have a libgcc compiled for this ABI version
   (true for recent toolchains which use the newer GNUEABI.

This is my take on the situation.  I lost track however why a) is the
case.  Maybe someone can help my memory here.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
The  mathematician's patterns,  like the  painter's or  the poet's,  must be
beautiful;  the ideas, like the colours or the words, must fit together in a