[U-Boot] reset environment

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 11 11:53:36 CEST 2009

Dear "Dexdyne Postmaster",

In message <memo.20090811100114.12188A at postmaster+dexdyne.com.cix.co.uk> you wrote:

> In development, it's a bit of a pain that installing a new u-boot image
> with different settings for bootargs and bootcmd doesn't actually change
> anything, because the environment in flash is still valid.

This depends on your configuration. When using an "embedded"
environment, this will get replaced with each install.

> Worse, there doesn't seem to be a command to say "over-write that with
> your new defaults"

You can run a script image that does whatever you want.

> If that is indeed so, then can I propose such a command should be added?

Search the archives. There has been a proposal before, and even an API
has been agreed on, it's just that nobody implemented it yet. Patches
are welcome.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The universe does not have laws - it has habits, and  habits  can  be
broken.