[U-Boot] LIBFDT - changing command line

Jerry Van Baren gvb.uboot at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 00:32:13 CEST 2009

Hi Michal

Michal Simek wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to use fdt for changing command line in DTB but
> I found there is one problem if I have longer command line which contains
> any spaces.
> Below is my workflow.
> If I understand correctly the problem is in cmd_fdt.c:fdt_parse_prop:593-603.
> It will be worth to add case for supporting
> fdt set /chosen bootargs "console=ttyUL root=/dev/mtdblock0"
> copy from first " to next "
>
> Or is it there any solution which I miss for this case?
>
> Thanks,
> Michal

It is somewhat ugly, but the you can use "\" to escape the spaces:
   fdt set /chosen bootargs console=ttyUL\ root=/dev/mtdblock0

I did this originally (IIRC) so that I wouldn't have to deal with
handling quotes in the parsing (Are they there? Are they balanced?  What
to do if not balanced?).  Add in a dash of lazy...

[snip]

Best regards,
gvb