[U-Boot] NAND issues

alfred steele alfred.jaquez at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 07:30:02 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I have been using the "nand erase.e" command with favourable results
till now. I was enticed by the "CONFIG_JFFS2_NAND" option in the
platform config. When i turn this config option on and use the "NAND.
write.jffs2 ", and use the resulting image, i get  abnormal results
including a kernel crash.  What is the difference between a "nand
write.jffs2" and the traditional nand write.e" command? I haven't been
able to dig up on any relevant documention.
I haven't grepped through the "common" source for the NAND subsystem.

Are the commands any different , which of the commands is deprecated?
i was guessing "nand write.e" understands bad blocks whereas nand
write.jffs2" understands bad blocks as well as jffs2  internals like
cleanmarker etc.
Which one should i be using?

Thanks,
Alfred