[U-Boot] Where is the GPR30 register in PowerPC arch as GOT pointer of C code documented?

Gao Ya'nan abutter.gao at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 01:07:21 CEST 2009

Thanks for your tip and sorry for my ambiguit question.

When I read the relocate_code function in cpu/mpc8xx/start.S, I found
the code below:

512         sub     r15, r10, r4
513
514         /* First our own GOT */
515         add     r14, r14, r15
516         /* then the one used by the C code */
517         add     r30, r30, r15

And I checked the dis-assemble code, and R30 was used as a pointer,
but which specification documentes this usage or it is just GCC's
flavor?