[U-Boot] Make 'nand write.yaffs' mainline?

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Thu Aug 13 04:53:12 CEST 2009

On Monday 03 August 2009 10:39:10 Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message J.C. Wren wrote:
> > Scott pointed me at this patch (
> > http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-blackfin.git;a=commitdiff;h=44f07de8c
> >c94836cd3b0fd2fb0cf8b8651461087) that's in the Blackfin branch.
> >
> > Would it be possible to make this mainline?
>
> I don't think this patch has ever been submitted on the mailing list,
> at least I cannot find a posting with this subject.
>
> Without postingit on the ML it cannot go into mainline.

it has been mentioned on the mailing list before, but in a "i have this change
but no idea if it's the right way to go".  no feedback -> it doesnt go
anywhere.  we (Blackfin) dont really care about yaffs anymore since it hasnt
gone into mainline Linux and ubifs should be able to replace it, so if someone
else wants to champion the patch, they're certainly free to.

> Actually if should not have been added to the BF custoidian repository,
> either.

what a custodian chooses to do in their branches is their own business
-mike