[U-Boot] FIT image support ARM architecture ?

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Thu Aug 13 13:20:08 CEST 2009

Hi Cyrille,

> I'm trying to generate a FIT kernel image.
>
> I'm using u-boot 1.3.4 / dtc 1.2.0.
>
> All seems ok when i generates the FIT image
>
> mkimage -l kernel.itb
>
> Created:         Tue Aug 11 14:51:23 2009
>  Image 0 (kernel at 1)
>   Type:         Kernel Image
>   Compression:  gzip compressed
>   Data Size:    1703896 Bytes = 1663.96 kB = 1.62 MB
>   Architecture: ARM
>   OS:           Linux
>   Load Address: 0x00080000
>   Entry Point:  0x00080000
>   Hash node:    'hash at 1'
>   Hash algo:    crc32
>   Hash value:   1566f6d1
>   Hash len:     4
>   Hash node:    'hash at 2'
>   Hash algo:    sha1
>   Hash value:   faa6d60d546a3f7fa85f414c28bcf261d1a9bc51
>   Hash len:     20
>  Default Configuration: 'config at 1'
>  Configuration 0 (config at 1)
>   Kernel:       kernel at 1
>
> But on u-boot prompt :
> => iminfo
>
> ## Checking Image at 00900000 ...
> Unknown image format!
>
> I don't masterise all.
>
> However, I have one question :
> FIT image support ARM architecture ??
> All examples i found talk about PowerPC

I don't think that anybody tested FITs on ARM.  On the other hand, the
concept is generic, so _should_ be no real show stopper on the road.
Otoh I would not be surprised if there are some minor problems waiting
for you to find them....

For a start I'd try to include "CONFIG_FIT" in your configuration ;)

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Old mathematicians never die; they just lose some of their functions.