[U-Boot] How do you print/view avaliable devices?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Aug 14 19:42:52 CEST 2009

Dear dbrazeau,

In message <24975016.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> I actually tried used ace as well, since I saw it being used in some of the
> environment variables.  Unfortunately that didn't work either, but had a
> different error.
>
> fatload ace 0 0x1000000 /mnt-xsa/kdiags.katmai.img
> reading /mnt-xsa/kdiags.katmai.img
>
> ** Unable to read "/mnt-xsa/kdiags.katmai.img" from ace 0:1 **
>
> This error made it sound like the file wasn't even in the flash so id did an
> fatls

Indeed.

> => fatls ace 0 /mnt-xsa/
>             ./
>             ../
>   1378602   kernel.img
>  19783883   ramdisk.img
>
> 2 file(s), 2 dir(s)
>
> Yep, not even there.

Right. I have to admit that I really don;t understand why you wnt into
such adventures as trying to use a phantasy device name (xsa) after
verifying that the file you were looking for was not even present on
the CompactFlash card you are using.

> Now I tried transferring the program image via tftp a running it but it
> fails with an illegal instruction. Here is the output:
>
> tftp 0x100000 kdiags.katmai.img
> Bytes transferred = 893996 (da42c hex)

So this works perfectly fine.

> => go 0x100000
> ## Starting application at 0x00100000 ...
> NIP: 00100004 XER: 00000000 LR: 1FF75C9C REGS: 1fe64cb8 TRAP: 0700 DEAR:
> I have also tried "go 0x100004" but that didn't work either.  Am I doing
> something wrong? Any Ideas?  Thanks for you help.

Well, the Kozio diagnostics software is aproprietary package, and if
you cannot find out how it's working from the documentation provided
by Kozio you should please contacxt Kozio support.

As mentioned before, it's a closed-source  proprietary  tool  and  we
have zero information about how to run it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I have made mistakes, but have never made the mistake of  claiming  I
never made one.                                     - James G. Bennet