[U-Boot] DDR initialization

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 19 09:14:38 CEST 2009

Dear Magnus Lilja,

In message <59b21cf20908182251v6e023327h42fceb2ffb86ccd2 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> It's often done in lowlevel_init.S, whether that's true for all
> platforms and all boards I do not know.

lowlevel_init.S is only used on ARM boards. No other architecture does
it like that.

Usually we try to avoid using assembler code, especially for critical
things like RAM initialization where you want to have the best
possible debug support (and just adding a printf() here and there is
often _very_ convenient).

Just one of the many areas where the ARM port has been done wrong.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There are two kinds of people, those who do the work  and  those  who
take  the  credit.  Try  to  be  in  the  first  group; there is less
competition there.                                    - Indira Gandhi