[U-Boot] still ongoing problems using minicom to talk to u-boot?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Aug 19 11:58:45 CEST 2009

  the current u-boot manual suggests there are still problems using
minicom to connect to u-boot.  does anyone know what those problems
are, and if they still exist?

  i've been using minicom to connect to the pre-installed u-boot on my
beagleboard for months now, and it's worked reliably, except for one
situation.  since my laptop has no serial port, i'd purchased a
low-end USB-serial converter (with a prolific chipset), which failed
utterly.  i tried everything to debug my setup until someone else
suggested that the converter was at fault.

  i purchased a different converter and everything was fine.  so i'm
still curious about potential problems with minicom and u-boot.

rday