[U-Boot] Switch to backup image after failure to boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 19 21:21:57 CEST 2009

Dear dbrazeau,

In message <25047967.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read in some document that you can
> set some environment variable that will load the image from an alternate
> location (address) after failing to boot the image at the primary location.
> I was just wondering if someone could give me some details about this as I
> can't remember where I read it, or if this is even possible.  Thanks.

As usual it depends on architecturew, CPU and board if this featuresis
available and enabled for your hardware. What you are looking for is
the "boot count limit". See
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootBootCountLimit

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Certainly there are things in life that money  can't  buy,  but  it's
very funny - Did you ever try buying them without money? - Ogden Nash