[U-Boot] NAND ECC Error with wrong SMC ording bug

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Aug 20 07:01:21 CEST 2009

On Thursday 20 August 2009 06:38:51 Sean MacLennan wrote:
> > I see other boards using SMC as well, can someone comment on the
> > change I am proposing.
> > Should I change the correction algorithm or the calculate function?
> > If the later is preferred
> > it would mean the change must be pushed in both U-Boot and Linux.
>
> Odds are the calculate function is wrong. The correction algo is used
> by many nand drivers, I *assume* it is correct. The calculate function
> was set to agree with u-boot (1.3.0).

Yes, it seems that you changed the order in the calculation function while
reworking the NDFC driver for arch/powerpc. So we should probably change this
order back to the original version. And change it in U-Boot as well.

BTW: I didn't see any problems with ECC so far with the current code. Feng,
how did you spot this problem?

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de