[U-Boot] Regarding linux kernel booting.

Thirumalai thirumalai.p at datapatterns.co.in
Thu Aug 20 14:12:39 CEST 2009

Hi all,
        I am in bit of peculiar problem on booting linux kernel on my
MPC7448-TSi108 based custom board. I am using u-boot 1.3.4 which was
compiled on ELDK- 4.0. when i use bootp command to download the kernel image
from the tftp server that was already working with other custom boards the
kernel is not getting downloaded but if i am setting it to another
environment variable i.e
"> set ideboot bootp" and try to boot using "> run ideboot" this time the
kernel image file is getting downloaded.
      kindly give me suggestion on this. i don't have any clue on what is
happening ? The host system what ever i used for compilation is also same.
Regards,
T.