[U-Boot] U-boot -Modifying boot sequence on a ARM based board

alfred steele alfred.jaquez at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 18:18:44 CEST 2009

Hi all,
What is the general boot sequence for u-boot. IIRC, its the cpu
specific start followed by board specfic stuff, then general init
stuff (like misc_init_f) and then the common stuff.
The reason i am asking this i want to inject my own boot path based on
the presence of certain boot peripherals. I want to override the
"boot_args" with my custom-defined bootargs and then execute "bootm"
from a predefined RAM address.
I want to know which is the most appropriate place for soing this. I
was initilally thinking it would end up in the board specific
code(board/<boardname>.c) but  i am a bit confused when i read the
main/common code.

Please let me your recommendations on this.

-Alfred.