[U-Boot] Weird issues with u-boot on Microblaze

Dana Goyette dgoyette at calpoly.edu
Thu Aug 20 19:22:01 CEST 2009

Michal Simek wrote:
> Hi,
>

> FIT support is not in mainline u-boot. Only in my testing repository.
>
>> If I fix that and try to load a FIT image with a kernel and device-tree,
>> the bootm command completely ignores the device tree; unfortunately,
>
> Yes the same thing as with FIT. Not in mainline yet. Simple no time. But
> I have patches in my tree and I want to send them to next merge open window.

>> don't have a log of this on hand, because now even image loading has
>> broken somehow.  For example, fatls ace 0 gives "   131074   . ", and
>> attempting DHCP boot results in a spew of "ARP Retry count exceeded;
>> starting again" -- retry count exceeded, despite it never having tried
>> even once?
>
> I'll test it.
>

>> I've attached a log of the console output under both conditions, as well
>> as the config.mk and xparameters.h under microblaze_generic; for some
>> reason, the given U-Boot BSP assumes 100MHz, despite the board using
>> 125MHz.  Does anyone have advice for getting u-boot to work on this board?
>>

> I have fix for u-boot bsp which fix it. The same issue is for uart16550.
>
> I am going to update my git repo at http://git.monstr.eu/git/gitweb.cgi
> There will be updated u-boot bsp too.
>
> Thanks,
> Michal
>

>> Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks for the help!  I cloned your u-boot-microblaze repository, and
the same fit_hdr_t issues applied; now I'm also working out other
various issues.  If it would help, I can attach (or send) my project
file or files, and even an image of the CompactFlash card I am using --
it's a 1GB card, with a 100MB fat16 and the rest in ext2.  Oddly enough,
ext2ls just plain returns silently.

u-boot-microblaze/drivers/mtd/cfi_flash.c:2088: undefined reference to
`monitor_flash_len'

I've also noticed that the "top" BSP looks in the Xilinx install path
and the project path, but not the EDK user repository.

Thanks again for the help.