[U-Boot] Please pull u-boot-mpc83xx

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Aug 22 10:00:36 CEST 2009

Dear Kim Phillips,

In message <20090821174533.d26d421b.kim.phillips at freescale.com> you wrote:

> > > Heiko Schocher (1):
> > >       mpc83xx: add missing CSCONFIG_ODT_WR_CFG for 832x CPUs
> >
> > Umm.... please do not edit the Subject line of the commit messages.
> > At least, please tell me explicitly if you do. The reason is that I
> > cannot find any such patch anywhere - because the real Subject was
> > "83xx: add..."
>
> sounds like I shouldn't be prefixing mpc83xx patch subjects with
> mpc83xx for consistency.  I'd rather keep that habit myself, but if
> that's what you prefer..

I like consistency, too. But for me it's also important to be able
to associate commits to the actual postings on the mailing list. The
best solution would be if the sumbitters could already use such
Subject: lines.

Maybe we should formulate such a rule / requirement / wish ?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will
find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it  on
the computer.