[U-Boot] Phy lib again

Ben Warren biggerbadderben at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 18:48:04 CEST 2009

Hi Michal,

Michal Simek wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Stefan Roese wrote:
>
>> Hi Michal,
>>
>> On Tuesday 25 August 2009 09:02:14 Michal Simek wrote:
>>
>>> I saw you have phy lib in your branch. What is the current state?
>>> Are there any problems? When do you want to add to mainline?
>>>
>> IIRC, Jean-Christophe is also working on a PHY lib implementation (port from
>> the Linux version).
>>
>> Jean-Christophe, what's the current status of this work? I suggest you start
>> sending ideas/patches for discussion soon, perhaps as RFC in the first stage.
>>

> Ben has it at http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-net.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/phylib

A while ago I started porting the Linux PHY library to U-boot but got
distracted.  This branch contains the incomplete, untested work.  I
suspect JC is further along, so let's see what he comes up with.  This
is a complicated thing that requires a well-thought-out design, so I
expect there will be much iteration.

regards,
Ben