[U-Boot] reloacting uboot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 25 21:11:36 CEST 2009

Dear E Robertson,

In message <200908251403.20809.e.robertson.svg at gmail.com> you wrote:

> I am using the at91sam9263 device from which the bootstrap code load u-boot to
> the desired ram address. However, I would like to re-relocate this at the
> different address based on memory availability. Can / or should this be done?

Yes, it can be done, and it should be done. The fact that we don't do
it so far is due to the fact that the guys who did the original ARM
code found this too complicated (even though they had a working
example in the PowerPC code) and not worth the effort. We're suffering
since from this misconception.

But there is no reason why you would have to copy the  code  again  -
just copy it to the correct address right from the beginning, like we
do in PowerPC.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
f u cn rd ths, itn tyg h myxbl cd.