[U-Boot] why the u-boot have no upload command?or there is another way to upload data to host?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 26 15:40:28 CEST 2009

Dear IaMaPlAyEr,

In message <2ae8403e0908260106g38fe540eldeb0f8660526c415 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I do like to ask a question, why u-boot have no upload command?

Because so far nobodyu needed it bad enough to went into the efforts
of implementing it.

> image such a scene:
>  you have two board, and develop with one, but to some unknow reason, the
> board cannot boot.

Well, if it does not boot at all, it does not matter if the
non-booting U-Boot image would contain an upload command or not.

> maybe it is the hardware problem, you want to upload all the data---a bin
> file, and download it to
> another board.
>
> maybe tftp should the upload function? or there is another way to upload
> data to host?

We use a JTAG debugger in such a case (BDI3000 recommended).

But please feel free to implement a TFTP put command - contributions
are welcome.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Like winter snow on summer lawn, time past is time gone.