[U-Boot] Custom PPC440GX board: "Unsupported relocation error"

Wouter Eckhardt Wouter.Eckhardt at Prodrive.nl
Wed Aug 26 17:45:43 CEST 2009

<4CD35CD1F8085945B597F80EEC8942130348D9CA at exc01.bk.prodrive.nl>
> you wrote:
> >
> > I've been busy getting a custom PPC440GX board to boot U-Boot. I
started
> > with a U-Boot (version 1.3.2) based on the ALPR board and the ELDK
4.0
> > toolchain.
> >
> > I got all that working and now I trying to move up to a newer
version of
> > U-Boot and a newer toolchain (specifically: U-Boot 2009.03 and ELDK
> > 4.2). After some twiddling of defines in my config file I got
following
> > compiler error:

> > p3x440.c:88: warning: unused variable 'reg'
> > {standard input}: Assembler messages:
> > {standard input}:130: Error: unsupported relocation against uicb0sr
> > {standard input}:135: Error: unsupported relocation against uicb0er
> > {standard input}:137: Error: unsupported relocation against uicb0cr
> > {standard input}:142: Error: unsupported relocation against uicb0pr
> > {standard input}:147: Error: unsupported relocation against uicb0tr
> > {standard input}:152: Error: unsupported relocation against uicb0vr
> > The offending piece of code is this:
>
> No, this is not the related source code. If you look at it, you will
> notice that it does not include an "uicb" string at all.
>
> I think You have a typo somewhere in your source. Search and replace
> all "uicb0" strings by "uic0" and try again.

Thanks! Fixed now. (I was a bit thrown off since these errors came after
the earlier warning.) Seems I shouldn't have blindly copied my board.c
from one U-Boot version to the other.

Kind regards,
Wouter Eckhardt.

> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk
>
> --
> "Love your country but never trust its government."
> - from a hand-painted road sign in central Pennsylvania

Disclaimer: The information contained in this email, including any attachments is
confidential and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and