[U-Boot] How can I make a second serial port on a motorola 8248 Chip known to Linux.

AGKohler ANDREWGKOHLER at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 22:15:39 CEST 2009

I am using u-boot version 1.1.3, kernel, Linux(Debian) is version 2.6.12.
I searched through the kernel configuration options via menuconfig, i could
not find
anything that configures the number of serial ports. In LINUX, i tried
creating ttyS1 with
"mknod -m 660 /dev/ttS1 c 4 65". A /dev/ttyS1 shows up in the directory
listing, but I am unable to
transmit/receive characters on it.

Thanks.