[U-Boot] ARM preprocessor error generating assembly dependencies

Dirk Behme dirk.behme at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 31 14:51:34 CEST 2009

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>> Any expert here could have look to which options are taken for ARM's
>> assembly dependency generation? It seems to me that -D__ASSEMBLY__ is
>> missing there?
>
> I have no clue what you are talking about...

It seems to me that dependencies for ARM assembly files are generated
with different (incomplete?) options than the compilation is done.
That is, it seems to me that for ARM assembly file compilation,
-D__ASSEMBLY__ is set, while for dependency generation it isn't.

I'm asking if anybody can give me a hint where I have to look for the
(compiler/assembler) options used for dependency generation (for
lib_arm/*.S for lib_arm/.depend) or if any expert likes to have a look
to this (most probably being faster than me then ;) ).

Best regards

Dirk