[U-Boot] Writing files to filesystem

Ricardo Martínez rmartinez at teltronic.es
Mon Aug 31 18:33:28 CEST 2009

Hi,

I would like to write text files to JFFS2 filesystem from an application
launched by u-boot.

I mean something similar to C library functions fopen and fprintf. The
purpose is programming a simple logger.

I've been taking a look at the sources and I think fopen and fprintf or
similars do not exist in u-boot, only printf and fprintf for stdeer, stdout
& stdin.

I've also found logbuff_printk, which writes string to global vector
buf[1024]. Maybe this is the best approach to my requirements, not writing
to filesystem, just
memory storing and printing when required.

Any piece of advice in order to implement that kind of easy logger would be
really appreciated.

Thank you very much
Ricardo