[U-Boot] Regarding MPC8640D second core initialization

Thirumalai thirumalai.p at datapatterns.co.in
Wed Dec 2 10:34:13 CET 2009

Hi denx,
        I am using 2009-06 u-boot for MPC8640D based board. i just want to
know whether the second core of MPC8640D is kicked off automatically or will
it required by the user to kick. Also if am enabling the CONFIG_MP macro and
CONFIG_NUM_CPUS as 2, then the reset command of the target is not
working(means board is getting hanged). I have mentioned the value of
CONFIG_SYS_SCRATCH_VA as 0xf5000000.

Kindly suggest me what might be the error.

Thank you,
T.